Camera Shots, Angle, Movement, Composition
· Shots: establishing shot, master shot, close-up, mid-shot, long shot, wide shot, two-shot, aerial shot, point of view shot, over the shoulder shot, and variations of these.
· Angle: high angle, low angle, canted angle.
· Movement: pan, tilt, track, dolly, crane, steadicam, hand-held, zoom, reverse zoom.
· Composition: framing, rule of thirds, depth of field – deep and shallow focus, focus pulls.
Includes transition of image and sound – continuity and non-continuity systems.
· Cutting: shot/reverse shot, eyeline match, graphic match, action match, jump cut, crosscutting, parallel editing, cutaway; insert.
· Other transitions, dissolve, fade-in, fade-out, wipe, superimposition, long take, short take, slow motion, ellipsis and expansion of time, post-production, visual effects.
· Soundtrack: score, incidental music, themes and stings, ambient sound.
· Diegetic and non-diegetic sound; synchronous/asynchronous sound; sound effects; sound motif, sound bridge, dialogue, voiceover, mode of address/direct address, sound mixing, sound perspective.
· Production design: location, studio, set design, costume and make-up, properties.
· Lighting; colour design.